Thursday, May 8, 2008

Self Portraits












Entering this project, I was scared and flustered because we were limited on time and I was concerned that I wouldn’t have the time I would need to take the pictures I had in mind. Immediately, I had a million ideas of what to do for my self portraits. I wanted to express myself in a way that was tranquil and peaceful. I stuck with the same idea throughout the work of my self portraits. They changed slightly because again I was limited on time. The photo that I think is the most creative would have to be the Rule of thirds picture. I feel like this one was the most creative because the feel of the picture is calm and cute and I like that. It was difficult trying to express myself the way I intended to without smiling. I think if one opens their mind to new things the success of the creativity of the photo will be great.
In all my photos I incorporated composition. I wore black and white clothing in all my pictures. Luckily my personal prop was my blanket that I’ve had since I was born is black and white. In each photo I thought about what black, whites and grey’s I was going to get from myself and also the setting. The “happy accidents” I came across were just the fact that my blacks were darker then I expected and the white’s were lighter then I expected also. Composition is a hard element of a picture to get perfect. One has to have everything in the correct spot to have a really well balanced photo. The picture that has the best composition in my opinion would be the Rule of Thirds. This has the best composition because the blacks are dark and the whites are white. I would change the composition in my light picture because the photo was so light the picture came out grey.
I feel like the light picture could have been darker in some areas. The sun was so bright that day the picture came out grey. I was pleased to find out that none of my pictures came out blurry. I adjusted the ISO and shutter speed in a few of the pictures I took. I think the craftsmanship turned out pretty good for my photos. There is always room for improvement for me.
Overall, I think I did well on my self portraits. I think they have a peaceful, relaxing feel to them and that is what I was ultimately going for. I think I did well at sticking with my theme and incorporating the setting and clothing with the pictures. If I had the same assignment again I would get some really interesting backgrounds to my photos. My favorite pictures would have to be the Rule of Thirds photo and also the Element photo. I like the way those turned out. The one I least liked was the personal prop because it was so close up and I don’t like close ups. I enjoyed this project and am ready to take some more pictures.
















1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, very interesting your photos and the blog... sorry for my English...

My name is Jorge Maturana, from Santiago de Chile, South America.

Congratulations for you blog!