Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Artist Statement

This year in photo we worked on various assignments. All of our assignments put together create our portfolios. My portfolio consists of all of last years work. It includes projects like cross processing, a social issue, a snap shot, a phobia, a black and white photo, and a couple of assignments we focused on elements using Photoshop. I feel like my Portfolio is successful because it represents me. I like my portfolio and I think overall it’s a well put together portfolio of my work.
I think I succeeded in many different areas during this class this past year. One of my biggest successes includes my growth in Photoshop. At the beginning of the year I had never used Photoshop at all. Throughout the year I gained experience through our various assignments. I feel like the biggest accomplishments I’ve made this year would be my growth in this area. I am not comfortable with Photoshop.
Along with success come many struggles. This year I struggled with one of my biggest successes, Photoshop. I was a beginner at Photoshop so learning took me a while to get the hang of. I started off slow but now I am pretty good at it. I struggled at first because I had never used it before but now I am an efficient Photoshop user.
I am a firm believer that there is always an area where you can improve in some area of your life. I feel like there is many more things I have not yet learned about in Photoshop and am motivated to keep learning. I intend to keep using and learning about Photoshop in the future.
I had many influences this year and hope that they reflected in my work. The biggest influence in my work would have to be my family. They are constantly there and it would be impossible for me to not have them as my biggest influence. I was influenced my friends and also myself. These were my influences this year. I really enjoyed my Photo class this year, it was great.

1 comment:

Miss Cook said...

Alyssa, I have really enjoyed having you in class. I love seeing what you come up with. Looking at your adjustment photos, I really like the picture of you with the white skirt in a circle around you- I think it has a strong composition. I appreciate your hard work, and your ideas you brought to the table. Congratulations on the student handbook cover! I hope you keep artistic photos alive as you take pictures. Well done on your portfolio!