Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Personal Metaphor


My piece was a picture of half me and half myself as ribbon. I also had ribbon surrounding myself. My idea was an original idea thought up by me. I had no help from any person or friend. I choose the simile of “soft as a ribbon” because this is the way that I feel I am most. I am a very soft spoken person and sometimes don’t even talk or give my opinion at all. I was trying to express me and the ribbon alone with no other distractions. Ribbons are very soft and simple and I wanted to portray myself that way. I wanted to convey a soft or calm mood from my piece.
The composition of my work was very easy to comprehend. I had a picture of the upper half of my body and the lower half ribbon and also a few strand of ribbon around me. The picture was also close up so it wasn’t hard to figure out that I was the emphasis. My picture was balanced also because it was close up and I was in the center. The piece was balanced because there wasn’t a whole lot to it; it was just me and ribbon. The picture was unified again because it was myself and ribbon alone.
This definitely wasn’t my best work that I have done in this class. I feel like I could have done a better job on blending myself to the ribbon. Some of the strands of ribbon looked unreal and some looked real. Overall I think I did well on the project. My idea reflects my feeling towards myself and was original. I actually turned myself into an object or ribbon. The difficult part was making the ribbon look real even though I had actually gone out and took pictures of the ribbon myself. If I could change anything about my project I would take more time to make each individual ribbon look more real.

No comments: